Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions


Do I have to be an alumnus or associated with Baylor to register for a class?

No! All Baylor Continuing Education classes are open to the public.

Is there a minimum age for students in Continuing Education classes?

Baylor Continuing Education courses are designed for adults 18 years and older. On some occasions, an instructor will allow minors to register and attend when accompanied by an adult who also registers and attends with the minor. Please contact the Continuing Education office at 254-710-6440 for additional information.

How do I register and pay?

There are several ways to register and pay for Continuing Education courses, including online and by calling 254-710-6440. Acceptable payment includes Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card or by check.

Click Here to register and pay online.

Are Continuing Education students eligible for financial aid?

Continuing Education students are not eligible for federal, state or need-based institutional financial aid. 


Only one type of discount may be applied to each course or transaction. Discounts may not be applied with transferred course credits. Group discounts may only apply to courses in the same semester. No discounts may be applied to reading programs through the Institute for Reading Development.

How do I create my profile?

For first-time users, click “Create New Student Profile” to create your own username, password, and profile. If you have additional questions, please call 254-710-6440 for assistance.

Do I have to purchase a membership to register for Continuing Education classes?

Membership allows an individual to register for our Lifelong Learning Courses. These courses begin with LLLCRS and are listed in their own section under "Lifelong Learning".

No membership fee is required to register for other Continuing Education classes.

How do I update my profile?

You may update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the top of the page. You may then update any of your profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit.”

Can I register for a class that is full?

If you wish to be considered for registration in a class that is currently full, you can request to be added to a waiting list by signing in online and clicking “Add to the Waiting List” link for the class that is full. If an opening becomes available, Baylor Continuing Education will email you to finalize your registration.

How do I print a receipt?

To print a receipt, sign in and select "My Transactions" and locate the class. Under "Action", select "Print View" and print your receipt.

How do I print a transcript?

Sign in and select "My Transcript" from the menu bar on the left side of your screen. In the upper-left corner select “Print View” to print your transcript.

Face-to-Face Courses

What is the refund policy?

Full refunds are available on in-person, classroom taught continuing education courses until one business day before the course start date. For courses that include meals or receptions, a full refund is available until four business days before the course start date. After the registration deadline, a student may withdraw from a course and request credit toward another continuing education course. Students must contact Baylor Continuing Education ( or (254) 710-6440) to request a refund or credit. Please note that Campus Partner courses have their own unique refund policies.

Class cancellations

Baylor Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel any course. If a course is cancelled, you will be notified by email and/or phone, and you will have the choice to transfer your credit to another course or receive a full refund.

Where can I get directions to my class location?

Directions to your class location are found in the confirmation email sent prior to your class start date.

Online Courses

How do I login to Canvas Catalog?

Learners can visit  to access a course, or to view certificates for completed courses

What username and password do I use with Canvas Catalog?

When you first register for a course in Canvas Catalog, you will create a username based on the email address you used to register. An email will be sent to you which you will then use to set your own password.

NOTE: If you are an existing Baylor employee or student, please use your Baylor email address when you register in Canvas Catalog. You will still need to create your own password specifically for Canvas Catalog that is different from your Bear_ID.

Where can I get help with a course?

Please contact the department offering the course to get help with or ask questions about a course, course policies, payment information, refunds, or anything else related to specific courses or programs. To receive technical assistance using Canvas Catalog, please contact the Baylor University ITS Help Desk at (254) 710-HELP.

What happens when I finish a course?

Students who meet all the completion criteria set for each of the course modules will be listed as having completed the course. Upon completion, students can download or print a certificate of completion that includes the student's name, date of completion, and the course name.

What is CEU credit?

One Continuing Education Unit (CEU) equals ten (10) contact hours of learner interaction with the content of the learning activity, which includes classroom, self-paced instruction, pre/post assignments, and/or homework in support of a learning outcome. But how do you calculate the number of CEUs for a learning event? A contact hour is one clock hour of interaction between a learner and instructor, or between a learner and materials, which have been prepared to cause learning. Contact implies a connection between a learner and a learning source.

Can I get a refund for an online course?

Students who register for a paid course but do not open the course or begin any coursework within the course are eligible for a refund at the discretion of the Continuing Education department. Students seeking a refund must contact the Continuing Education office, via email or phone 254-710-6440, to begin the process.