Developed by an interdisciplinary team with expertise in theology, psychology, and counseling, this course will teach Christians in sports how to think about mental health from a Christian and clinical perspective.
Course outcomes include:
- Recognize mental health care as a Christian concern and essential component of human flourishing
- Explore the mind-body-spirit connection as it applies to both sport performance and overall human wellbeing
- Understand stigmas revolving around mental illness within society and the sports world
- Examine and develop awareness of specific mental illnesses and mental health challenges prevalent in the sports world
- Learn proven practices and resources specific to mental health in the context of your sport in order to best care for yourself and others
The course is eight weeks in length and delivered online through Canvas Catalog. As a non-credit course, there are no academic prerequisites to enroll. Each week will include specially designed and selected readings and learning engagement activities. You will receive constructive and meaningful feedback from the instructor and opportunities to interact with your peers.